I woke up to the birds laughing at my indecent disposal. That was before I realized the rain was washing the filth. I curled myself in, blanketed by the 10 dollars patchwork-throw I scored on my first trip to St. Louis I stretched my misery. The weight was unbearable but my chest wore it shamefully. Pride was wearing thin and at that moment Trust was raped and tainted by Disgust. No, the birds were singing ‘Merry Go Round’. Screw them birds, you knew I wanted this. Although I silently sent my hopes to you, his arrival was uncalled for. He knocked on my door with a bouquet of hope and honesty. You knew I was vulnerable. You pesky feathery creature! You were supposed to protect me. To chirp those pebbles in their faces when they pave their footsteps up my front door. Why did you welcome him? Pride was hurt, it swallowed the nastiest pill intended to shield unworthiness. The birds kept laughing. They smiled at my nonsensical dreams. You could’ve poked me tenderly, you know. Especially you, yes you with that yellow-feathered tail rubbing in your victory. You flew to me this morning however and sang to me the song of trust. I buried myself in tears. Thank you, cocky yellow-tailed bird. Silver Linings Playbook was on pause. My smile and I resumed the show. It was a beautiful Sunday morning after all because I met my wish. I need to shower us with a rainbow of patience and prayers.
The hummingbird cuckoos the night, to keep me safe and warm.