March 20, 2013

March

Effervescent. I remember the phase when I read dictionary to pass the time. Mom made me. Really. If I were to recall the period when I had to submit entries to her and sans new words my jibber jabber will be considered mediocre… I have to thank mom for the writer that I am. Technology now, is the blame for the easily detachable words on my brain’s corkboard. Or growing up, yes always take up most of the brain’s space. Do we really need to filth it in?

This is to thank you. Let me thank each and everyone of you who has had dearly slotted my writings in your most random hours. Thank you especially for taking some time to note to me how my writings have inspired you and have transitioned you positively (to wherever you desire). I’m truly humbled that my translated noggin has so much entertained you. Intentionally and unintentionally, chances are bet on aspirations. Within this juncture of alphabets, one word is hoped to trigger that timid voice in you and phantoms the fear.

To be completely honest, I have yet to gain ample courage to publish a book. Doubts are a plenty – often quizzing myself on my ability to book my words. Fiction is more appetizing but I typically find myself at this corner of shortening the stories. My patience is highly tested on its ability to confine the excitement of wording the ending. Because time against thoughts, my brain sprints and it refuses to wait, to at least have some decency of acknowledging the less, less of a time that I have. Then dad-reminder will somehow alarm me “you always make time, not excuses”.

I was burying my imagination beneath the Milky Way when a pen and a notebook took the liberty of exhausting that imagination beyond the galaxy. The red light then went off, made way for the driven muses to justify their purposes – the very need for each of them to exemplify my observations. I then utilize God’s given mediums – the five senses – to experience His wonderment and as the dad-alarm goes off again, “count your blessings”.

Thank you. March 15, a year less a quarter century has awakened me to countless of blessings. I thank you.