August 3, 2011

asleep

More than fortunate, I am back in the arms of my beloved. My aunt kept yapping “keciknya... keciknya!” when she hugged me at the airport two nights ago. It still feels surreal. No Skype, no time difference, no cursing at the damn internet, and whatnot I finally get to hug my parents. I'd forgotten how immaculate and impeccable they are when it comes to house chores (to time management) that my OCD seems impertinent. Nonetheless, just watching them argue over finalizing the date for our family vacation had my heart tingling. I've truly missed home.

Tonight (particularly) was so special. I remember falling asleep during terawih last night because my jet-lag kicked in. I was however too determined not to entertain it that I'm now up when everybody else is sleeping. Henceforth the post.

Tonight was special because I walked into the mosque with an unbeknownst gift. “He knows what lies before them and what is after them,” (Al-Baqarah:255). Ayat Kursi was recited and I was lost in tranquility. My heart sank in with the imam's voice as it was a splendor. How could one have such a serenading voice? I was thankful then to have mom agreed that it was palpable because I almost thought I'm rocking slightly off my rocker. My cheeks were damped with the timid tears of gratefulness. Ramadan has been a blessing.

The company that I've had since the night I set my feet home has been wonderful. More rendezvous to look forward to. Salam Ramadan and may we be throned His most graciousness.