The death of the heart is ignorance so avoid it - Imam Ghazali.
So often, mom would quote him in her nonchalant speeches. I know she secretly wishes for my sister and I to expand our minds through the teachings of Islam. Us being young, we’d rather flow with the current trend than be bogged down with ancient school of thoughts. We are truthfully lucky that mom allows us to grow and expand our minds without unrealistic boundaries. For someone who teaches philosophy, she doesn’t realize how worthy of her virtues are. Try arguing about Socrates and you’re left feeling utterly idiotic or debate about Imam Maliki and she’ll start fetching quotes to question your basis. She’d never deny our childish says but she’d then patiently insert wisdom after listening to us muttering baseless judgments.
“I know my daughter and I know there’s something that you see, which made you believe in someone,” mom said, “don’t give up just yet, be patient. There’s so much love in you some people are not accustomed to that. If they fail to receive and feel it, it’s only because they’re afraid.” That’s when the wall of arrogance in me shatters. I’ve been denying my truest feeling but just a sigh from me is enough for her to see transparently. Thank you. I’m not the prime example of a decent daughter but I thank you for having me. The uncountable times I whine like a brat, I thank you for your patience. Thank you for believing in me. As highly as your students look up to you, as your daughter I walk the path of nobility that you’ve carried with you.
Happy Mother's Day.