My sister and I grew up to loving parents. Well boo. What happened to extraterrestrial beginning? I’m watching the weighing scale and it looks heavier on blatant confession. Let’s blame the fat hormones but Cryptic Syaza and I both know that this entry is hitting transparency. Imagine an unfortunate day and you walk over a crystal-clear glass door. Good god, it bruises your embarrassment more than your forehead. I’ve been told few times that the wider your forehead is, the smarter you are. I mean really? Even the width of a man’s forehead is an indicator of stupidity? I eat fast-food too but you may want to drop that soda.
So we were texting and my sister just exited a paper. Alia, if you haven’t already known has all the brainy privileges that anyone could wish for. My parents are bestowed with a child who is nothing near imbecility. My parents must’ve done something incredibly beautiful for a daughter like Alia. I congratulated Alia on her first fail. We laughed it off. “Iqa, there’s always a first for everything,” she said. I told her I couldn’t be any prouder.
We grew up to a hectic childhood. We had only one day off, which was to either visit our late grandparents in Kuala Lumpur or a night-in at Rembau. What was entertainment? Supervised cartoon shows, book-shopping every weekends and us banging the piano keys. I have none to complain yet I’m thankful for that upbringing. I may not word our childhood experience transparent enough but that investment made by my parents was their vow to equip us with unparallel knowledge, which is the only immeasurable wealth that they can offer. I’m blessed.
I can be blunt and cynical when I voice out my opinions but I’ve learned to be mindful. I’m opinionated enough to reverse nonsensical remarks but I’m mindful enough to utter my views when they’re needed. I’m still learning and will always be that student who’s always in thirst of knowledge. I saw “Tony Buzan” imprinted on the cover of a book my colleague is reading and I asked if they know of him. We played Pictionary yesterday.
Mom is an academician. I’ve been taught that when knowledge is shared the horizon of our minds knows no boundaries. As thankful as I’m for all the magical experiences that they have exposed me to, like any other child, we whisper to God for them to take a moment and not puzzle-in our situation to the like of their peers. That predicament hit me low. They should know the extent of my seriousness, the stretch of my judgment and the happiness that I pursuit. Perhaps once in awhile, it slips their mind that this and that happen because of my conversation with God. To understand His silver linings on you and to embed their concerns as well are challenging. If only they realize how mindful some kids are out of love and respect and how heinous some can be.